Transforming Sydney proposes to run monthly Marketplace forums, for example over a Saturday breakfast,
to equip the saints in your church and the surrounding churches to be Ambassadors of the Kingdom in the Marketplaces of this city.
(See Marketplace vs Workplace for an explanation of 'Marketplace'.)
The early church held strong work ethics and had social sensitivity that met the needs of all people within the community (Acts 4:32-35).
Today people are eager and willing to make a difference but they often don't know where or how to start.
Through these forums we will help them to be equipped and have confidence and believe that God is able to use them wherever they are,
no matter what their role or posiion in the Marketplace, to accomplish their God-given mission in the Marketplace.
"For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."
To be effective in the Marketplace, we must first lay the foundations of professional competency
and have consistency between belief and behavior that leads to credibility.
On this foundation every Christian can fulfill their calling to be an ambassador of the Kingdom of God in their daily occupation (per 2 Cor 5:20).
We will also encourage people to recognise their gifts, to believe that God is able to use them,
and to share stories from other people who are making a difference in the Marketplace.
Each one can then ask God:
- What is the mission that God has put before me?
- What are my responsibilities?
- What are my capabilities?
The Lord has called each of us to be excellent in what we do.
Those whom God used in the Kingdom as marketplace ministers were skilled and exemplified excellence in their field.
Not only were these men skilled, they were filled with God's Spirit.
If we believe and acknowledge God's work in us, we have the desire to serve the Lord with all our capacity,
because we are commissioned to be Ambassadors of the Kingdom.
Below are some examples of topics for these forums:
- What is the Marketplace and how can you make a difference in the Marketplace within your sphere of influence
- Being an Ambassador of the Kingdom of your Daily Occupation
- Prayer and Intercession for businesses and organisations
- Training on Spiritual Warfare for businesses and organisations
- 'Build a community to reach a community' (Personal, Family and Community Transformation)
- Connecting the Church and the Marketplace
- How to use the Beatitudes to change the culture of the spheres of influence in our society
(see Vision for the Marketplace)
- Healing and Wellbeing Forums (Mind, Body and Soul)
- Mission in the Marketplace - your work IS your mission
- How to establish Prayer Meetings for your church and business
- Spiritual Gifts and Transformation
- Breaking the Habit with Christ (this sesssion will be led by Christian psychologists):
providing awareness of drug habits and addiction, gambling, suicide, etc.
If you are interested, please discuss this with your church or organisation's leadership, and contact us to plan for the new year.
We will also need you or someone from your group who has the heart for the Marketplace to facilitate thses forums:
our mission is to train and encourage you, but this will be your event.
Please also have a look at our initative 'Adopting a Business'.